Tuesday, July 08, 2008

English Major Happiness


OK, I should not admit to getting too excited about these things. But I think the new Penguin book cover for Walter Benjamin's The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction is awesome. (This is the front cover, not the spine.)

9 Comments:

At 7/8/08, 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit too clever, perhaps?

 
At 7/8/08, 12:51 PM, Blogger Jonathan G. Reinhardt said...

Only if you're in a bad mood.

 
At 7/8/08, 1:02 PM, Blogger Jonathan G. Reinhardt said...

Plus, it's a lot better than your beard...

 
At 7/8/08, 2:16 PM, Blogger E Reed said...

I heartily agree with Jonathan on both counts. But I might just be in a particularly good mood: I got an A- on my first paper.

 
At 7/8/08, 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My beard is just a late bloomer, ok? Just give it a little time.

 
At 7/8/08, 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generally I'm anti-cute book covers, but I'll admit that this one has more substance than some others that Penguin has done recently (like the cartoon versions of DH Lawrence and Little Women).

 
At 7/9/08, 1:31 PM, Blogger Jonathan G. Reinhardt said...

I think that would be a late sprouter.

Please keep us posted about Lydia's recovery.

 
At 7/12/08, 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

On the beard--is that blooming? And congrats to ol' double-E Reed on the paper.

 
At 7/12/08, 1:48 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Shucks, that wasn't Karie, it was me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home