Happy Birthday Annie
The presence of God:
he picked me up
and swung me like a bell.
I saw the trees
on fire, I rang
a hundred prayers of praise.
from "Tickets for a Prayer Wheel," 1974
...
Every day is a god, each day is a god, and holiness holds forth in time. I worship each god, I praise each day splintered down and wrapped in time like a husk, a husk of many colors spreading, at dawn fast over the mountains split.from Holy the Firm, 1977
Reviews of several books, including a review of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Eudora Welty, in the New York Times, and a short interview on NPR about her most recent novel, The Maytrees.
4 Comments:
Happy Birthday Mr. Reed.
Remember when we had that party for you in Shores or Pryor, right before you and Melody started dating, and then went to the Little Red? That was a good day.
We're all getting so old.
Speak for yourself, Kelly. I just learned to walk.
Babies make one feel young . . .
Anyway, you and J shouldn't complain, since you both are young bucks who are already launched into Ph.D. programs. Maybe by the time I'm 30 I'll be there.
Post a Comment
<< Home